Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My 1st polymer clay project

I always wanted to explore into polymer clay ever since I started my handmade jewelry hobby. There's so many type and brand of clay available in the market now, eg Fimo, Premo and Sculpy; and I really do not know which one to buy. So I just kept them aside till 2 month back, I met a lady during Arts for Grab bazaar. She was selling miniature made from polymer clay, that can be turn into earrings, phonecharms, bracelet etc. After getting some basic infomations, I decided to buy the clay from her, which is a New Zealand manufactured clay - Du Kit.

Last week I finally bought an oven to start my project. I was so excited yesterday playing with the clay. I made a miniature doll, a orange cat, a chick and 3 mini cupcakes. The colours are so nice and I just can't wait to bake them.

arranging them nicely in the oven


Checking the temperature, set at 125degC

Set time to 10mins

and tick tack tick tack.......
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Oh no!!!!!!!



What happen to my miniature??? All burnt!!!!!


I'm not too sure what has went wrong, as I've already follow every step in the instruction manual. Maybe I need to set the temperature lower? Or I have too little things to bake, so I don't have to bake too long? I'll gotto try that to know~

4 comments:

  1. Oh no...i love the orange cat you did. Can't wait to see your next batch of tryout. Starting to love polymer clay =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natasha, A friend of mine help me to buy this one. You can get other brand such as sculpy at Arts Friend Mid Valley Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melok! I found the problem, look at the function picture of your oven, the heat gotta come from underneath and your oven is set to top heat.
    Mary ;)

    ReplyDelete